Yes!! .... Junior Summer Cricket Begins!!
It's been a long wet, cold, miserable, dull, damp, disappointing Winter...... but it's all ready to change!
It's the Cricket Season!! (Starts Tuesday, April 30th)
1. The coaching sessions will be held for players between the ages of 5 - 15 years old,
every Tuesday, on the cricket ground and nets at the ground. (weather permitting).
Bring full kit (U11-U15's) and a tennis ball (U10's).
2. If in doubt as to whether the session will be held due to bad weather, contact us
(Tel : 01633 663297) between 4.45 and 5.15p.m each Tuesday.
(A message will be left on the Answer Machine if the session is cancelled due to bad
3. The sessions will be from 6.00 - 8.00p.m and will begin on Tuesday, April 30th and
will continue until the end of July.
4. The cost of the sessions will be £6.00 per week, to be collected on the Tuesday evening,
or alternatively a once only payment of £54.00 (Boys) & £36.00 (Girls) can be made
in order to become a Junior Playing Member. (All team players will be expected to
become a Junior Playing Member of Newport Cricket Club).
See Membership Form elsewhere on the website
5. In addition to the weekly Tuesday night session, 1 : 1 Coaching Sessions will be
available, with the emphasis on high quality Individual coaching - Information will be
6. We are running the following teams in the Gwent Junior Leagues this year:-
Boys Teams x3 U/11, x2 U/13, x1 U/15, & Girls Teams x1 U12, x1 U14.
There will also be friendly matches for U9’s.
7. The first matches are likely to take place during the first week of May - as soon as
arrangements have been confirmed we will contact you.
All Stars Begin on Tuesday, May 21st - Join Now!
Can You Help?
1. Join the Club's 175 Club Monthly Draw
Just £1 per month..... £100+ Winners Prize each month.
Ask on a Tuesday for more details
2. Website (newportcricketclub.co.uk)
We have highlighted a number of Fund Raising initiatives on the website and ways you can
175 Club Membership
Spend & Raise
3. Match Ball Sponsorship / Company Sponsorship
If you think you can help, or know anyone who may be able to help in any way, please
let us know.
See you on April 30th – when the sun shines!!